Sweet Summertime- no school, sleeping in, lazy days…until you get bored and long for the days of structure and routine…maybe. There’s always something fun to do when you live in a big city like Atlanta. The usual outdoor games, hanging by the pool, and going to the movies, but sometimes you want to do something a little different. Whether it’s indoor or outdoor fun, nearby or a short drive, here are a few fun ideas you may not have thought about to get you through the Dog Days of Summer.
1. Host a Picnic with Friends
2. Take a Daytrip- Helen, Serenbe, Dahlonega, and Chattanooga are great choices
3. Go Camping
4. Do Tie-Dye
5. Water Balloon Fight or Slip n Slide
6. Visit a Swimming Hole at a Local Park-
Vickery Creek in Roswell
Jones Bridge Park in Norcross
Yellow River Park in Stone Mountain
Settles Bridge Park in Suwanee
Tribble Mill Park in Grayson (this one takes a little effort to find, type “Tribble Mill Waterfall” into Maps)
8. Do an Escape Room
9. Start a 1000 Piece Puzzle- work on it a little each day
10. Host a Movie or Game Night- don’t forget to do up the popcorn and snacks
11. Create Some Art- determine a medium (watercolor painting, origami, mixed media) and follow a YouTube tutorial
12. Recreate Pinterest Photos- browse Pinterest for fun photos you want to try with your friends. Take turns photographing each other
13. Donut Sampling- venture to a few local donut shops, buy a few donuts at each to sample and rate them
14. Catch Fireflies in a jar and feel the nostalgia of childhood
15. Make a Summer Collage- be sure to snap photos of your adventures and turn it into a keepsake to display in your bedroom
Also try Googling events in your area. There’s always a festival or event for low or no cost.
Summer should definitely have lazy days and there’s no need to try and tackle all of these (unless, of course, you like a challenge!) but choose one or two to try out this year. You may end up with a new hobby or favorite hangout spot. Go out and adventure instead of staying cooped up until August!
Which ones do you want to try?
Summer is also a great time to start thinking about or even having your senior photo session- don’t forget to download our FREE Planning Guide to make it fun and easy!